Today I am going to show you how to print to pdf using a simple and easy method. I will also show you some of the other tools that are available which will do the job for you.
Normally people print to pdf when they don’t have a printer available in a location where they work or they have may some have restrictions. So once you hit the print button you will be provided with a list of printers if available or else you might just like to save it on to your desktop. Let us quickly see what options are available that could help you to save it as a PDF document.
Print to PDF using Browser
Chrome Browser has print to pdf option inbuilt in it and utilizing it is the simplest way to do things. Let me quickly show you how to do it:
- Open a website that you would like to print or if you had already hit a print button from some website then you should see the Print dialog window.
- Under Destination, you should see the Change… button click on that.
- You should see the select a destination window
- Click on the Save as PDF option.
- Now click on the blue colored Save button to save the PDF in a location that specify.
Print to PDF using Software
Below two software’s help you to print to pdf, you can pick any one of them but my personal choice would be bullzip.
doPDF pdf printer
- Download doPDF pdf printer from the here, the size of the installer is around 40 MB and it doesn’t have any malware.
- If you don’t want to install the add-in for Microsoft Office then make sure that you uncheck it in the initial install screen.
- doPDF has a setting called Color which will help you to decide whether you would like to have a color PDF or a black and white one.
- You can also control the quality of the PDF ranging from 72 dpi to 2400 dpi.
- You can specify the quality of the PDF file under PDF options while saving it which will in turn impact the file size.
Bullzip PDF Printer
- You download Bullzip from here.
- The file size is around 7 Mb and requires Ghostscript which is around 15 MB which will be downloaded and installed as part of the dependency components.
- During installation you can simply uncheck the PDF Power Tool and Xpdf dependencies as these are optional components.
- Just like doPDF you have control over the color and DPI settings in Bullzip pdf printer.
- In addition to saving as PDF Bullzip also offers options to save the resultant file as BMP, EPS, JPEG, PCX, PNG, PS and TIFF.
- You can add watermark text, merge two pdf’s, password protect the pdf and also specify document properties when you print to PDF.
- Bullzip is free for personal use and if you are planning to use it for commercial use it is allowed up to 10 users for free. If you are planning to use it for more than 10 users then you should obtain a commercial license.